Advanced Leadership Course & Executive Coaching
Prior to attending the Advanced Leadership Course, you will receive a copy of Crucial Conversations, 2nd Edition and be required to read selected chapters and complete an online stress test/survey. Attendees will also receive a copy of Core Values Compass, and be required to download a questionnaire on best practices based on experience from attending the pre-requisite course. Please allow 3-4 hours for completion of all required pre-work.
Introduction and Energize2Lead™
Your Personal Leader's Compass
Allow 1-2 hours to complete the required readings and exercises from Day 1.
Advanced Leadership Communications
- Learn and recognize the characteristics of effective communications.
- Understand how to identify crucial conversations.
- Learn how to use the Dialogue Model to analyze the critical components of crucial conversations.
- Learn the importance of feedback.
- Identify and manage style under stress.
Effective Decision Making
- Describe the factors which influence decision quality and commitment.
- Apply decision-making principles to make an effective decision in order to achieve an organizational goal.
- Define decision-making processes in terms of subordinate involvement.
- Describe the circumstances which affect the amount of subordinate participation in decision-making.
- Define an effective decision in terms of quality and commitment of those who must execute it.
- Explain the trade-off between the Time-focused and Development-focused models of decision-making.
- Learn the 8 most common mistakes made by organizations trying to implement major change initiatives.
- Understand the method for avoiding each of the 8 most common mistakes when implementing change in organizations.
- Describe the conditions that cause people to resist change.
- Learn the conditions that cause people to support change.
- Describe how leaders can reduce resistance to change.
Allow 1-2 hours to complete the required readings and exercises from Day 2.
Core Values Alignment
- Learn how to clearly identify organizational values and expectations for individual behavior.
- Understand the importance of communicating how the organization and individuals within it want to be perceived by others outside the organization.
- Be able to define organizational values and the normative behaviors expected by all stakeholders associated with the organization.
- Learn that an organization’s core ideology is its purpose coupled with its values.
- Understand how to roll down the organization’s values by incorporating normative behaviors statements that demonstrate people are living the values.
SCRUM for Leaders
- Understand the Scrum methodology.
- Understand how Scrum can be a useful approach to managing select projects.
- Understand how a Scrum philosophy is employed in effectively leading teams to deliver value.
- Identify and explore key principles for employing Scrum methods and concepts.
Developing Your People
- What is developing people and why it is so crucial.
- Learn the three balanced strategies in developing others to include formal training, job assignments and self-development.
- Understand why it is important to develop others from orientation until their last day a company.
- Describe characteristics of effective development plans.
- Describe the principles of effective delegation and why it is a key development strategy.
- Learn how to conduct productive and periodic feedback sessions.
Personal Leadership Development Plan
- Learn the importance of choosing a Mentor
- Learn the Five Leadership Commitments
- Complete a Personal Leadership Development Self-Assessment
- Write a personal vision statement based on Your Leaders Compass
- Write a Personal Leadership Development Plan
- 180 Days of Executive Coaching